1. Decide what you want to remember and remember those things.
2. Decide what you want to forget and forget those things.
3. Put "lessons" into categories:
- kitchen stuff
- clothes (including accessories)
- literature, music, general culture
- household (misc.)
4. Try to the best of your ability to recollect exact conversations on various topics, though the concept of "verbatim" can be loosely interpreted.
5. Consider tone, inflection, hand gestures, facial expressions. Whenever possible, recall what you and your mother were wearing at the time when instructions, advice, admonitions, and/or sage teachings were offered.